About the CCSMS PTO
The CCSMS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is an engaged group of family members, administrators, and teachers focused on the culture of the school.
Volunteer opportunities posted continuously – sign up for alerts via sign up genius or contact your PTO at PTO@charlestonmathscience.org
- CCSMS PTO works with teachers to provide new and innovative ways to assist with the education of our students including funding for entry fees for regional and state competitions, funding for students unable to afford field trips and classroom projects, and funding for awards and celebrations recognizing CCSMS students’ academic achievements.
- CCSMS PTO supports our amazing Riptide educators through classroom supply donation drives, light snacks for teachers at monthly faculty, stocking the teacher workroom with coffee and snacks, Teacher Appreciation Week Activities, and the funding of classroom projects including some Spring Term activities.
- CCSMS PTO awards two $500 scholarships each year to outstanding student volunteers of the CCSMS graduating class.
9 easy ways to help make CCSMS great:
- Collect box tops from groceries and send them to the main office – they are on things already in your cabinets!
- Help with faculty and staff appreciation events.
- Pitch in with the annual PTO/Booster Auction and Dinner Event
- Link those Harris Teeter cards to our school – our #7617
- Swiping you Publix Keychain Card – pick it up in the CCSMS Main Office
- Volunteer to help a teacher in their room or create the CCSMS Maker Space!
- Check us out on Sign Up Genius for opportunities all year.
- Buying gift cards through in the Scrib Gift Card program
- Shopping with the CCSMS Amazon Smile Link ( http://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-1720146 )
Mary Carmichael, PTO President
Nancy Wickstrom, Vice Pres/ proxy board member
Jenny Young, Secretary
To view the CCSMS PTO Bylaws please click the following link: Approved PTO Bylaws
Volunteer – Show your Riptide Pride:
CCSMS faculty and administrative staff are working with the PTO to build a robust network of family and community volunteers. Help the PTO connect you with engaging volunteer opportunities by completing this form. Click here to access the form.
From Bylaws: Article III: Purposes Section
- The objectives of this organization are: a) To build positive relationships among parents, teachers, administrators, students and the Charter Governing Board that support our mutual goal of excellence in education. b) To sponsor supplemental activities and experiences for students. c) To provide a non-biased forum for the sharing of information and the discussion of issues that affect our children.
Section 3. The members of the board shall be:
- elected officers;
- chairmen of standing and special committees;
- the principal of the school or a representative appointed by the principal;
- a teacher representative for middle school and a teacher representative for high school;
- parent grade representatives.