Application for enrollment for the 2018-2019 School Year:
Applications for enrollment for the 2018-19 school year are now being accepted at the Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) front office for grades 6 through 12. The open application period is from October 2, 2017 to January 12, 2018. The office is open from 8am to 4pm each day school is open. Mailed applications must be postmarked by January 12, 2018.
CCSMS will admit all children who reside in the Charleston County School District and are eligible to attend Charleston County public schools (subject to space limitations and based on grade levels served). CCSMS serves grades 6th – 12th. There are no tests or other barriers to entrance. If the number of applications exceeds the number of openings in any grade, a lottery will be held for that grade.
- CCSMS has a simple, one-page application and there is no admissions test.
- Students requesting entrance into CCSMS must submit a COMPLETE application (Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted).
- You must include a current email address on the application.
- Applications will be accepted at the front office from October 2, 2017 – January 12, 2018 between 8am and 4pm on school days. Mailed applications must be postmarked by January 12, 2018.
- Applications received after the January 12th deadline will be placed at the end of the waiting list.
- A confirmation email will be sent to each applicant.
- Siblings of current CCSMS scholars must apply for admission through the same application process.
- A public lottery will be held Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 11am in the CCSMS auditorium. SC Law allows priority for siblings of CCSMS scholars, children of employees, and children of original charter committee members.
- Scholars selected at the lottery will be notified via email ONLY no later than Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- Scholars who are selected for the grade indicated on the application must pass the previous grade by the end of the current school year. If a scholar fails the previous grade and cannot enter the grade for which the scholar applied, the scholar’s application will go to the end of the waitlist for the repeated grade. For example, if your scholar applies for the 9th grade, is accepted to the 9th grade by lottery, and subsequently fails the 8th grade at the end of the current school year, the application will go to the bottom of the 8th grade waiting list. No exceptions.
- Please contact the school if you need help completing the application.
Please come learn more about the Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS). We encourage you to come meet our faculty and tour the campus on the following dates:
- Prospective Families Night: Thursday, January 9, 2018 (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.)
After the public lottery, held January 27, 2018, students who choose to attend CCSMS must make an appointment with the registrar (to submit a COMPLETE enrollment packet). Complete enrollment packets must be received by February 20, 2018. You must make an appointment. No incomplete enrollment packets will be accepted. Enrollment packets will require proof of Charleston County residence and a current immunization form from the child’s doctor.