2022-2023 Application - Online or Paper Options Available
Application for enrollment for the 2022-2023 School Year
CCSMS 2022-2023 Scholar Application Information
About Charleston Charter School for Math and Science
Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) is a public charter school serving grades 6 to 12. CCSMS was started in 2008 as South Carolina’s first STEM focused middle-high school. Our faculty provides hands-on, experiential learning in a small, supportive environment. Scholars have opportunities to create unique pathways to success in college and careers.
Application for enrollment for the 2022-2023 School Year:
Applications for enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year are now being accepted at the Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) online, by mail, or in the front office for grades 6 through 12. The front office is open on school days Monday-Friday 8am-3pm.
CCSMS will admit children who reside in the Charleston County School District and are eligible to attend the Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (subject to space limitations and based on grade levels served). CCSMS serves grades 6th – 12th. There are no tests or other barriers to entrance. If the number of applications exceeds the number of openings in any grade, a lottery will be held for that grade.
- CCSMS has no admissions test.
- Students requesting entrance into CCSMS must submit a COMPLETE application (Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted).
- You must include a current email address on the application.
- Applications will be accepted online, by mail, and also at the front office from October 1, 2022 – February 25, 2022 at 6pm. Mailed applications must be postmarked by February 25. 2022 in order to be included in the general lottery.
- Applications received after February 25, 2022 at 6pm will be placed at the end of the grade level wait list in the order the application was received.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address on the application.
- Siblings (brothers and sisters) of current CCSMS scholars must apply for admission through the same application process. SC Law allows priority for siblings (brothers and sisters) of CCSMS scholars, children of employees, and children of the original charter committee.
- A public lottery will be held on March 12, 2022 at 11:00am.
- Scholars who are selected in the lottery will be notified via email.
- Scholars who are selected for the grade indicated on the application must pass the previous grade by the end of the current school year. If a scholar fails the previous grade and cannot enter the grade for which the scholar applied, the scholar’s application will go to the end of the wait list for the repeated grade. For example, if your scholar applies for the 9th grade, is accepted to the 9th grade by lottery, and subsequently fails the 8th grade at the end of the current school year, the application will go to the bottom of the 8th grade waiting list.
- Please contact the school office if you need help completing the application.
The Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) is a school for all children, with no entrance exams and equitable access for all regardless of gender, race, national origin, color, or disability.
CCSMS is a publicly funded school that focuses on math and science. This academically demanding middle and high school educates 560 scholars in grades 6–12.