The Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) is a school for all children, with no entrance exams and equitable access for all regardless of gender, race, national origin, color, or disability.
CCSMS is a publicly funded school that focuses on math and science. This academically demanding middle and high school educates 560 scholars in grades 6–12.
Application QR Code
Application for enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
Applications for enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year are now being accepted at Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) for grades 6 through 12. All grades currently have waiting lists. Applications will be put on the waiting lists in the order they are received.
CCSMS will admit children who reside in the Charleston County School District and are eligible to attend the Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (subject to space limitations and based on grade levels served). CCSMS serves grades 6th – 12th. There are no tests or other barriers to entrance. If the number of applications exceeds the number of openings in any grade, a lottery will be held for that grade.
Application Process for the 21-22 School Year:
- CCSMS has a simple, one-page application and there is no admissions test.
- Students requesting entrance into CCSMS must submit a COMPLETE application (Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted).
- You must include a current email address on the application.
- Online and paper applications will be accepted from October 1, 2020 – TBD
- Parents can complete online applications through the Operoo platform. Please note that all paper applications received will be entered into the Operoo system.
- Paper applications will be accepted at the front office between 8am – 4pm on school days.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address on the application.
- Applications received after the deadline will be placed on the end of the waiting list in the order the application was received.
- Siblings (brothers and sisters) of current CCSMS scholars must apply for admission through the same application process.
- The public lottery date is TBD. SC Law allows priority for siblings (brothers and sisters) of CCSMS scholars, children of employees and children of original charter committee.
- Scholars who are selected in the lottery will be notified via email.
- Scholars who are selected for the grade indicated on the application must pass the previous grade by the end for the current school year. If a scholar fails the previous grade and cannot enter the grade for which the scholar applied, the scholar’s application will go to the end of the waitlist for the repeated grade. For example, if your scholar applies for the 9th grade, is accepted to the 9th grade by lottery, and subsequently fails the 8th grade at the end of the current school year, the application will go to the bottom of the 8th grade waiting list.
- Please contact the school if you need help completing the application.
Please come learn more about the Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS). We encourage you to come meet our faculty and tour the campus on the following dates:
Prospective Families Day: TBD
Please contact us at email@example.com.